Arthroben™ is a safe, effective, non-NSAID, anti-inflammatory formula offered in a highly absorbable, delicious tasting lemon-lime flavored powder. Its combination of nutrients work to reduce inflammation, stimulate connective tissue repair and increase joint mobility and function.
Benefits of Arthroben™ include:
- Reduces inflammation
- Balanced inhibition of COX-1, COX-2, 5-LOX
- Offers potent antioxidant protection to reduce joint deterioration
- Increases joint mobility and function
- Stimulates joint repair, and provides nutritional building blocks for cartilage, ligaments (and skin)
- Not associated with the negative side effects that are commonly seen with NSAIDs & other drugs
- Safe for patients on warfarin (Coumadin)
- Little or no effect on prothrombin times (PT)
Arthroben™ contains flavocoxid, a proprietary blend of natural flavonoids, which provides comprehensive, balanced inhibition of three metabolic pathways (COX-1, COX-2, and 5-LOX), unlike NSAIDs, which cause strong, selective inhibition of only one individual inflammatory pathway. This well-balanced method of action helps to minimize systemic side effects, making it gentle on the GI tract, while effectively managing the metabolic imbalances of osteoarthritis (OA). Flavocoxid also acts as a powerful antioxidant to limit oxidative conversion of arachidonic acid to other damaging metabolites and to quench free radicals in the joints which may break down cartilage and trigger other inflammatory processes in OA.
Arthroben™ also features Fortigel® and Verisol®, two variations of hydrolyzed collagen which boost anabolic processes in connective tissues and inhibits various catabolic enzymes in order help stimulate the repair process. This supports an adequate volume of cartilage as well as the elastic properties of connective tissues, exactly what is necessary to maintain healthy joints.